Dagnachew is a Public Health graduate from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia. In 2015, he received two prestigious scholarships, an Australian government International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and UQ Centennial Scholarship (UQCent), to undertake his PhD. He is expecting his PhD in Epidemiology soon from the University of Queensland, Australia.
Prior to his PhD study, he had been a faculty member of the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Gondar running both teaching and research activities.
Dagnachew’s research interest focused particularly on vulnerable populations such as people who are immunocompromised, people who use alcohol and other drugs, children and pregnant women.
- 2019: Data Analyst, Burnet Institute
- 2011: MSc in Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
- 2009: BSc in Public Health, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
- 2017: Faculty of Medicine HDR Travel Scholarships, the University of Queensland, Australia.
- 2015: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and UQ Centennial Scholarship (UQCent), the University of Queensland, Australia.
- Processing medical data: a systematic review.
Kasaw Adane, Dagnachew Muluye, Molla Abebe
Arch Public Health. 2013 Oct; 71(1):27
- Bacterial isolates and drug susceptibility patterns of ear discharge from patients with ear infection at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Yitayih Wondimeneh, Getachew Ferede, Feleke Moges, Tesfaye Nega
BMC Ear Nose Throat Disord. 2013 Aug; 13(1):10
- Prevalence of tuberculous lymphadenitis in Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Belete Biadgo, Eden Woldegerima, Andebet Ambachew
BMC Public Health. 2013 May; 13:435
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B and C virus infection among patients attending serology laboratory of Gondar University Hospital.
Habtie Tesfa, Belete Biadgo, Fasika Getachew, Kifle Tegegne, Gizachew Yismaw, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Res Notes. 2013 Apr; 6:164
- Sexually transmitted infections based on the syndromic approach in Gondar town, northwest Ethiopia: a retrospective study.
Beyene Moges, Gizachew Yismaw, Afework Kassu, Berihun Megabiaw, Shitaye Alemu, Bemnet Amare, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Public Health. 2013 Feb; 13:143
- Active trachoma and associated risk factors among children in Baso Liben District of East Gojjam, Ethiopia.
Kassahun Ketema, Moges Tiruneh, Desalegn Woldeyohannes, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Public Health. 2012 Dec; 12:1105
- HIV-Positive Status Disclosure and Associated Factors among Children in North Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia.
Digsu Negese, Kefyalew Addis, Akilew Awoke, Zelalem Birhanu, Dagnachew Muluye, Sisay Yifru, Berihun Megabiaw
ISRN AIDS. 2012 Dec; 2012:485720
- Ten year trend analysis of malaria prevalence in Kola Diba, North Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia.
Abebe Alemu, Dagnachew Muluye, Mikrie Mihret, Meaza Adugna, Melkamu Gebeyaw
Parasit Vectors. 2012 Aug; 5:173
- Total Lymphocyte Count as surrogate marker for CD4 Cell Count in HIV-Infected Individuals in Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Getachew Ferede, Gizachew Yismaw, Dagnachew Muluye
AIDS Res Ther. 2012 Jul; 9(1):21
- Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and immunological profile of HIV co-infected patients in Northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Dagnachew Muluye, Yeshambel Belyhun
BMC Res Notes. 2012 Jun; 5:331