Dagnachew is a data analyst and public health researcher at Burnet Institute since 2019. He has recently received his PhD in Epidemiology from the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Public Health and his master’s degree in Infectious and tropical Diseases from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia.
Prior to his PhD study, he had been a faculty member of the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Gondar running both teaching and research activities.
Dagnachew’s research interest focused particularly on vulnerable populations such as people who are immunocompromised, people who use alcohol and other drugs, children and pregnant women.
- 2019: Postdoctoral Fellow – Data Analyst / Epidemiologist, Burnet Institute
- 2019: Doctor of Philosophy, University of Queensland, Australia
- 2011: MSc, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
- 2009: BSc, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
- 2017: Faculty of Medicine HDR Travel Scholarships, the University of Queensland, Australia.
- 2015: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and UQ Centennial Scholarship (UQCent), the University of Queensland, Australia.
EDRS: Ecstasy and related Drugs Reporting System
IDRS: Illicit Drug Reporting System
SuperMIX: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study
PATH Cohort Study
- Bacterial isolates and their antibiotic susceptibility patterns among patients with pus and/or wound discharge at Gondar university hospital.
Dagnachew Muluye, Yitayih Wondimeneh, Getachew Ferede, Tesfaye Nega, Kasaw Adane, Belete Biadgo, Habtie Tesfa, Feleke Moges
BMC Res Notes. 2014 Sep; 7:619
- Types and drug susceptibility patterns of bacterial isolates from eye discharge samples at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Yitayih Wondimeneh, Feleke Moges, Tesfaye Nega, Getachew Ferede
BMC Res Notes. 2014 May; 7:292
- Trend analysis of visceral leishmaniasis at Addis Zemen health center, Northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Yegnasew Takele, Asmamaw Atnafu, Getachew Ferede, Dagnachew Muluye
Biomed Res Int. 2014 Mar; 2014:545393
- Urinary tract infection among obstetric fistula patients at Gondar University Hospital, northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Dagnachew Muluye, Abebe Alemu, Asmamaw Atinafu, Gashaw Yitayew, Teklay Gebrecherkos, Agersew Alemu, Demekech Damtie, Getachew Ferede
BMC Womens Health. 2014 Jan; 14:12
- Prevalence and associated factors of thrombocytopenia among HAART-naive HIV-positive patients at Gondar University Hospital, northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Dagnachew Muluye, Getachew Ferede
BMC Res Notes. 2014 Jan; 7:5
- Processing medical data: a systematic review.
Kasaw Adane, Dagnachew Muluye, Molla Abebe
Arch Public Health. 2013 Oct; 71(1):27
- Bacterial isolates and drug susceptibility patterns of ear discharge from patients with ear infection at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Yitayih Wondimeneh, Getachew Ferede, Feleke Moges, Tesfaye Nega
BMC Ear Nose Throat Disord. 2013 Aug; 13(1):10
- Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii and Associated Risk Factors among People Living with HIV at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia
DagnachewMuluye, YitayihWondimeneh, Yeshambel Belyhun, Feleke Moges, Mengistu Endris, Getachew Ferede, Gashaw Yitayew, Digsu Negese
ISRN Tropical Medicine. 2013 Jul; 2013:123858
- Prevalence of tuberculous lymphadenitis in Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Belete Biadgo, Eden Woldegerima, Andebet Ambachew
BMC Public Health. 2013 May; 13:435
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B and C virus infection among patients attending serology laboratory of Gondar University Hospital.
Habtie Tesfa, Belete Biadgo, Fasika Getachew, Kifle Tegegne, Gizachew Yismaw, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Res Notes. 2013 Apr; 6:164
- Sexually transmitted infections based on the syndromic approach in Gondar town, northwest Ethiopia: a retrospective study.
Beyene Moges, Gizachew Yismaw, Afework Kassu, Berihun Megabiaw, Shitaye Alemu, Bemnet Amare, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Public Health. 2013 Feb; 13:143
- Active trachoma and associated risk factors among children in Baso Liben District of East Gojjam, Ethiopia.
Kassahun Ketema, Moges Tiruneh, Desalegn Woldeyohannes, Dagnachew Muluye
BMC Public Health. 2012 Dec; 12:1105
- HIV-Positive Status Disclosure and Associated Factors among Children in North Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia.
Digsu Negese, Kefyalew Addis, Akilew Awoke, Zelalem Birhanu, Dagnachew Muluye, Sisay Yifru, Berihun Megabiaw
ISRN AIDS. 2012 Dec; 2012:485720
- Immunopathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention of Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome (IRIS): Review.
Dagnachew Muluye, Desalegn Woldeyohannes, Mucheye Gizachew, Beyene Moges, Gizachew Yismaw, Moges Tirneh, Afework Kassu
International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2012 Nov; 2(11):211-217
- Ten year trend analysis of malaria prevalence in Kola Diba, North Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia.
Abebe Alemu, Dagnachew Muluye, Mikrie Mihret, Meaza Adugna, Melkamu Gebeyaw
Parasit Vectors. 2012 Aug; 5:173
- Total Lymphocyte Count as surrogate marker for CD4 Cell Count in HIV-Infected Individuals in Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Getachew Ferede, Gizachew Yismaw, Dagnachew Muluye
AIDS Res Ther. 2012 Jul; 9(1):21
- Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and immunological profile of HIV co-infected patients in Northwest Ethiopia.
Yitayih Wondimeneh, Dagnachew Muluye, Yeshambel Belyhun
BMC Res Notes. 2012 Jun; 5:331
- Infant feeding practice and associated factors of HIV positive mothers attending prevention of mother to child transmission and antiretroviral therapy clinics in Gondar Town health institutions, Northwest Ethiopia.
Dagnachew Muluye, Desalegn Woldeyohannes, Mucheye Gizachew, Moges Tiruneh
BMC Public Health. 2012 Mar; 12:240
News Articles (1)