I am a medical doctor with more than 20 years of experience in clinical care, including infectious diseases. Specifically I have focused on malaria, HIV and AIDS, and TB prevention care and treatment. Also I have more than 15 years of experience in training and supervising clinical teams and assuring quality of health care in Tanzania, Namibia, Lesotho and Swaziland.
Apart from my medical degree (MB; ChB), I have a Master’s Degree in Infectious Diseases (London), Master of Science in Community Health and Health Management in Developing Countries (Heidelberg), and a Diploma in HIV Management (College of Medicine of South Africa).
I joined Burnet Institute from Swaziland where I had worked for Swaziland National AIDS program (SNAP) as a technical advisor in TB/HIV collaborative services. Previously, I worked as a clinical advisor. My roles were to provide technical assistance and clinical mentoring to facilities focusing on HIV testing and counselling, key populations, and HIV and AIDS care and treatment. At PSI Swaziland I was a clinical director responsible for scaling up the male circumcision program.
Other previous experience includes the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Lesotho as a health specialist in health systems strengthening, and with ICAP Tanzania as the Coast Regional Manager. I also worked as a clinician for several years in Tanzania and Namibia.
- October 2013 – Ongoing: Registered at Swaziland and Dental Council
- March 2002 – Ongoing: Full Registration as a Medical Practitioner, Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- February 2019 – To date: Team Leader TB-RID Project, Daru
- September 2016 – February 2019: TB/HIV Technical Advisor, Swaziland National AIDS Program, Ministry of Health, Swaziland
- March 2014 – August 2016: HIV/AIDS Regional Clinical Advisor for ICAP in Swaziland
- September 2013 – February 2014: Clinical Director, Population Services International (PSI), Swaziland
- June 2010 – August 2013: Health Specialist in Health Systems Strengthening Project, Millennium Challenge Corporation (USA Project) in Lesotho
- June 2009 – May 2010: Regional Manager ICAP in Tanzania
- December 2006 – May 2009: Medical Officer, Swakopmund State Hospital, Ministry of Health and Social Services, Namibia
- 2008: Diploma in HIV Management, College of Medicine of South Africa, South Africa
- 2007: MSc. in Infectious Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
- 2006: Certificate in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Travelers’ Health, University of Minnesota, USA
- 2001: MSc. in Community Health & Health Management in Developing Countries, Heidelberg University, Germany
- 1995: Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, Beijing Medical University, China