Chloe has worked in community health including AOD and harm reduction for most of her nursing career, as well as some time doing clinical hepatology.
While community nursing Chloe worked with Burnet as a research nurse to pilot rapid point of care testing for hepatitis C in primary care settings.
She’s interested in working with marginalised populations, health equity, and disease elimination.
- 2018-current: EC Nurse co-ordinator Burnet EC partnership
- 2017: Research Nurse Rapid EC (Burnet/cohealth)
- 2015-2018: Community Health Nurse, Health Works, cohealth
- 2014-2015: Hepatology Clinical Nurse Consultant, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- 2013-2014: Registered Nurse, Nurse Pool and General Surgery, Western Health
- 2012-2013: Graduate Nurse program, Western Health
- Bachelor of Nursing (La Trobe University) 2011
- Exploring hepatitis C virus testing and treatment engagement over time in Melbourne, Australia: a study protocol for a longitudinal cohort study (EC-Experience Cohort study).
O'Keefe D, Gunn J, Ryan K, Djordjevic F, Kerr P, Gold J, Elsum I, Layton C, Chan K, Dietze P, Higgs P, Doyle J, Stoové MA, Hellard M, Pedrana AE
BMJ Open. 2022 Jan; 12(1):e057618
- A modelling analysis of financial incentives for hepatitis C testing and treatment uptake delivered through a community-based testing campaign.
Palmer AY, Chan K, Gold J, Layton C, Elsum I, Hellard M, Stoove M, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Scott N; EC Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Aug; 28(11):1624-1634
- Barriers to hepatitis C treatment among secondary needle and syringe program clients and opportunities to intervene.
Gunn J, McNally S, Ryan J, Layton C, Bryant M, Walker S, O'Mahony C, Pedrana A.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jul; 96:103387
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572
- Point-of-care hepatitis C testing from needle and syringe programs: An Australian feasibility study.
Williams B, Howell J, Doyle J, Thompson AJ, Draper B, Layton C, Latham N, Bramwell F, Membrey D, Mcpherson M, Roney J, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Oct; 72:91-98
News Articles (1)