Arkasha is a University of Melbourne Biomedical Science Masters student, undertaking a research project on G6PD deficiency diagnostics, which inform safe use of antimalarial drugs.
In her undergraduate study she worked on the expression and purification of a Mycobacterium tuberculosis epitope in the effort of discovering a novel anti-TB drug target. For the following four years she worked as a research assistant in the Red Blood Cell Membrane & Enzyme Disorders Laboratory of Eijkman Institute (Indonesia), specialising in G6PD deficiency, particularly its genotyping.
- 2016: Master of Biomedical Sciences Student in the Beeson/Richards Laboratory, Burnet Institute and University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2012-2016: Research Assistant in the Red Blood Cell Membrane and Enzyme Disorder Laboratory, Eijkman Institute, Jakarta, Indonesia
- 2012: B.Sc, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- 2016: Indonesian Education Scholarship (BPI) for Master and Doctoral Programs, Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP)
- Assessment of Point-of-Care Diagnostics for G6PD Deficiency in Malaria Endemic Rural Eastern Indonesia
Satyagraha AW, Sadhewa A, Elvira R, Elyazar I, Feriandika D, Antonjaya U, Oyong D, Subekti D, Rozi IE, Domingo GJ, Harahap AR, Baird JK
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016 Feb; 10(2):e0004457
- High Prevalence of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in Young Adults in Ternate, Eastern Indonesia
Ie SI, Turyadi, Sidarta E, Sadhewa A, Purnomo GA, Soedarmono YS, Pattiiha MZ, Thedja MD, Harahap AR, Muljono DH
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2015 Dec; 93(6):1349-1355
- G6PD deficiency at Sumba in Eastern Indonesia is prevalent, diverse and severe: implications for primaquine therapy against relapsing Vivax malaria.
Satyagraha AW, Sadhewa A, Baramuli V, Elvira R, Ridenour C, Elyazar I, Noviyanti R, Coutrier FN, Harahap AR, Baird JK
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015 Mar; 9(3):e0003602