Yasmin completed her Masters of Public Health (International Health stream) through Monash University. She is a registered nurse with a background in biomedical science.
Prior to joining Burnet, Yasmin worked as a clinician with the Victorian Adult Burns Service based at The Alfred hospital, and has also worked in community health with asylum seekers in Melbourne. She has a particular interest in the health of women and children, and infectious diseases. She is currently working on improving the lives of HIV-infected women and children with the use of novel point-of-care diagnostic tests.
- 2013: Masters of Public Health, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2009: Masters of Nursing Science, Melbourne University, Australia
- 2007: Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Pharmacology and Physiology, Manchester University, United Kingdom
- 2013: Edelmira Peregrino Go International Student of the Year
Accelerating access to postnatal care and chlorhexidine in PNG
COVID-19 Healthcare E-Learning Platform (CoHELP)
Improved point-of-care test to eliminate congenital syphilis
Sexual and reproductive health in Asia and the Pacific
STRIVE PNG: Stronger Surveillance and Systems Support for Rapid Identification and Containment of Resurgent or Resistant Vector-Borne Pathogens in Papua New Guinea
Tools for the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (Kenya, Myanmar and Senegal)
- Integrating HPV vaccination programs with enhanced cervical cancer screening and treatment, a systematic review.
Wirtz C, Mohamed Y, Engel D, Sidibe A, Holloway M, Bloem P, Kumar S, Brotherton J, Reis V, Morgan C
Vaccine. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Operational experiences associated with the implementation of near point-of-care early infant diagnosis of HIV in Myanmar: a qualitative study.
Yee WL, Htay H, Mohamed Y, Nightingale CE, Tin HH, Thein W, Kyaw LL, Yee WW, Aye MM, Badman SG, Vallely AJ, Anderson D, Kelly-Hanku A, Luchters S
BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Aug; 21(1):863
- Feasibility and acceptability of implementing early infant diagnosis of HIV in Papua New Guinea at the point of care: a qualitative exploration of health worker and key informant perspectives.
Mohamed Y, Kupul M, Gare J, Badman SG, Silim S, Vallely AJ, Luchters S, Kelly-Hanku A; AAMI Study Group.
BMJ Open. 2020 Nov; 10(11):e043679
- Caregiver experience and perceived acceptability of a novel near point-of-care early infant HIV diagnostic test among caregivers enrolled in the PMTCT program, Myanmar: A qualitative study.
Yee WL, Than KK, Mohamed Y, Htay H, Tin HH, Thein W, Kyaw LL, Yee WW, Aye MM, Badman SG, Vallely AJ, Luchters S, Kelly-Hanku A; AAMI study group
PLoS One. 2020 Oct; 15(10):e0241245
- Improving the coverage and accuracy of syphilis testing: The development of a novel rapid, point-of-care test for confirmatory testing of active syphilis infection and its early evaluation in China and South Africa.
Pham MD, Wise A, Garcia ML, Van H, Zheng S, Mohamed Y, Han Y, Wei WH, Yin YP, Chen XS, Dimech W, Braniff S, Technau KG, Luchters S, Anderson DA
EClinicalMedicine. 2020 Jul; 24:100440
- Type-specific HPV prevalence, incident cases, persistence and associated pregnancy outcomes among HIV-infected women in Kenya.
Vyankandondera J, Wambua S, Irungu E, Mandaliya K, Temmerman M, Ryan C, Mohamed Y, Vanden Broeck D, Verhelst R, Chersich MF, Luchters S
Sex Transm Dis. 2019 Jun; 46(8):532-539
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- The field performance and diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R) CD4) performed by different health worker cadres among pregnant women.
Luchters S, Technau K, Mohamed Y, Chersich MF, Agius PA, Pham MD, Garcia ML, Forbes J, Shepherd A, Coovadia A, Crowe SM, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(2):e01277-18
- A qualitative exploration of menstruation-related restrictive practices in Fiji, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
Mohamed Y, Durrant K, Huggett C, Davis J, Macintyre A, Menu S, Wilson JN, Ramosaea M, Sami M, Barrington DJ, McSkimming D, Natoli L
PLoS One. 2018 Dec; 13(12):e0208224
- Assessing the operational feasibility and acceptability of an inhalable formulation of oxytocin for improving community-based prevention of postpartum haemorrhage in Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry.
Than KK, Oliver V, Mohamed Y, La T, Lambert P, McIntosh M, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2018 Oct; 8(10):e022140
- Knowledge, perception and practice towards oxytocin stability and quality: A qualitative study of stakeholders in three resource-limited countries.
Oliver VL, Lambert PA, Than KK, Mohamed Y, Luchters S, Verma S, Yadav R, Kumar V, Teklu AM, Tolera M, Minaye A, McIntosh MP
PLoS One. 2018 Sep; 13(9):e0203810
News Articles (4)